Five Popular Poached Egg Recipes
Poached eggs are a quick, easy, low calorie way to get protein into your diet. Poached eggs are healthy because cooking them does not require any added fat. Water, the perfect egg poacher, and a little know how are the only things needed to make a great poached egg. While poached eggs can be eaten on their own, they can also be used in a number of delicious dishes. Once the art of perfecting a poached egg has been accomplished, finding the ultimate poached eggs recipes will be the next step.
To make poached eggs that are perfectly scrumptious and delightful, the right equipment is needed. Poached egg equipment includes things such as:
Nonstick egg poachers – very convenient, easy to clean, removable egg poaching trays, many styles and sizes available
Electric egg poachers – come in many styles, sizes and prices; no microwave or stove needed
Stainless steel egg poachers – popular stove-top option, even heating, easy cleaning, nonstick coating, easy monitoring
Microwave egg poachers – convenient and inexpensive
Silicone egg poachers – easy monitoring, easy removal, easy clean up, single or multiple cups
While stainless steel egg poachers are among the most popular types of egg poachers, any type of egg poacher can be used to make delicious poached eggs. Poached eggs can be eaten on salads, sandwiches, or just a piece of toast.
Below are Five Popular poached egg recipes:
1. Eggs Benedict – poached eggs on an English muffin with ham
2. Eggs Florentine – poached eggs on an English muffin with tomato and spinach drizzled with tarragon sauce and sprinkled with paprika
3. Eggs Alfonso – poached eggs on Italian bread with ham covered in tomato sauce with Italian seasonings and topped with mozzarella cheese
4. Arroz con Huevos – poached eggs on rice with onions, green peppers, and taco sauce sprinkled with shredded cheese
5. Crabmeat and Eggs New Orleans – poached eggs between layers of a crabmeat mixture served with warm, spicy cream sauce garnished with parsley
There are many poached egg recipes to try and these recipes may be suitable any meal – breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Poached eggs even make a great snack for those watching their diets. Poached eggs recipes can be modified to fit any diet or tastes.
Poached eggs recipes can be an excellent way to bring more eggs into your diet. When scrambled, over easy, and fried eggs are out of the question, purchasing an egg poacher may be right for you. Eggs have many nutritional benefits when eaten in moderation and can be quite pleasing to the palate as well.